Thursday, March 31, 2011

I don't get it.

I don't get it. I never get it. This is a Malaysiakini report excerpt:http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/160219

In the bid to help the MACC chief, Mohd Nor (commission's complaints committee chairperson) stepped in to remind the press of possible repercussions under the Printing Presses and Publication Act (PPPA).

“Under the Act, you must have reasonable cause to believe what you believe in. If there is any investigation against the chief minister, you must first convince there is. This is the requirement under the Act.
You cannot fish for evidence,” he warned.

“Enquire the truth first, then asked for confirmation. If you ask me, 'Datuk, is there any investigation on the CM?' -
you cannot ask me that as it may offend. Have you done your investigation?” he said



Reporters were asking about investigations resulting from numerous reports and allegations filed against Sarawak chief minister Abdul Taib Mahmud.

Maybe I'm just being ignorant stupid or naiive but if you don't fish for evidence, how are you supposed to get it, and if you don't ask someone who is in the ultimate position to answer, then who do you ask?

And 'you cannot ask me that as it may offend?' ?!....




No comments:

Post a Comment